10 Tips to Get Your Business Blog Started
Blogging is a part of the digital media that has over the years proved to be an effective marketing tool. Every business especially online, now-a-days is focused on creating an official company blog to interact with the consumers as well as inform them about the latest at their end.
However, writing a blog is easier said than done. It takes more than just writing skills to create a highly impressive blog that the customers immediately connect to. Blogging may not be the only thing but it sure sets a strong base for the organization to capture the visitor’s interest and retain them in the long run.
A well written Blog acts as a Relationship Manager, Branding Agent and Expert Creation Assistant.
Following are some tips that will help you create an effective company blog:
1) Create, install and set up a Blog in WordPress. If you are unable to create that hire someone else to do it for you. Ensure that the newly created Blog is fully integrated into the company website and not hosted on blogger.com or wordpress.com.
2) List down a few relevant topics that correspond to your business and that you can write about.
3) Subscribe to news alerts from the likes of Google and other online newspapers and magazines that correspond to your business needs. Once that is done you will begin to receive alerts that trigger new ideas about topics that you can write on.
4) Make sure that guests who visit your website are not disappointed with stale Blogs. Try to post at least 3-4 Blogs weekly to hook the visitors’ interest to your website. Make the Blog interactive by paving way for readers to comment. This is a great way to add a personal touch to the Blog.
5) Stock a few Blog in your kitty. That will give you ample time to research on fresh topics and at the same time allow you to post the required number of blogs a week without delay.
6) Invite your friends, colleagues, family members and acquaintances read your Blog and comment on the same.
7) Invite everyone in your online network like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google + etc. to read your Blog and comment.
8) Find Bloggers with similar interests but not competitors and visit their Blog, read it, comment and make friends with them. In turn invite them to your Blog. The community spreads the word fast so you must exploit the opportunity to your favor.
9) Make friends with influential people online and take their help in spreading the word about your Blog within the community and outside.
10) Do not give your Blogs a miss. Try to live up to your commitment of posting at least 3 Blogs a week. That will keep the interest of your readers intact.