The Ultimate Android Devices: Final Clash
With the much anticipated launch of Samsung Galaxy 4, the Android war is finally even more fierce. We picked 4 of the strongest Android Crown competitors and trying to do a comparison. And well, can we talk about Android without bringing iPhone into it? Thus, Apple iPhone is taking part in the comparison as well. We compared Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, HTC One, LG Optimus Pro G and Apple iPhone 5 in this review.
Before We analyse, here is the list so you can check it for yourself.
|Specification||Samsung Galaxy 4||Sony Xperia Z||HTC One||LG Optimus G Pro||IPhone 5|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.9 GHz Snapdragon||Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait||Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300||Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300||Dual-core 1.2 GHz|
|RAM||2 GB||2 GB||2 GB||2 GB||1 GB|
|Memory||16/32/64 GB||16 GB||32/64 GB||32 GB||16/32/64 GB|
|Dimension||69.8 x 136*.6 x 7.9 mm||139 x 71 x 7.9 mm||137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm||150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4 mm||123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm|
|Display||5 Inches, 441 ppi||5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)||4.7 inches (~469 ppi pixel density)||5.5 inches (~401 ppi pixel density)||4.0 inches (~326 ppi pixel density)|
|Front Cam||13 MP||13.1 MP||4 MP||13 MP||8 MP|
|Rear Cam||2 MP||2.2 MP||2.1 MP||2.1 MP||1.2 MP|
|Battery||2600 mAh||Non-removable Li-Ion 2330 mAh||Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh||Li-Po 3140 mAh||Non-removable Li-Po 1440 mAh|
|Operating System||Android 4.2 Jelly Bean||Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), planned upgrade to v4.2 (Jelly Bean)||Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)||Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)||iOS 6, upgradable to iOS 6.1|
Now, lets check one by one.
- Processor: Except for the iPhone, which has a dual core processor, the processors are all quad-core and varying in very close ranges from 1.5 Ghz to 1.9 Ghz which means there is nothing much to choose here. Quad-core processors are the most powerful processors around, until the Asian version of Samsung Galaxy 4 gets the much awaited Exynos 5 Octa eight-core processor. Apple looks not so impressive with a dual core 1.2 GHz processor, which are coming in the mid-range Android devices nowadays.
- RAM: Flat as it can be, all the models are having 2 GB of RAM, while Apple again lacks with a 1 GB RAM.
- Display: LG is having the biggest 5.5 inch display with a 400+ ppi pixel density which is certainly little better than its competitors. HTC, Sony and Samsung are all having big enough displays, varying from 4.7 inches to 5 inches, but they fail to score much over LG’s pixel density as their pixel density is also near about the same with LG. Apple fails to impress with a 4 inch screen with a 300 something ppi. If you think, the bigger the better, LG is certainly for you with the biggest display and comparable pixel density.
- Dimension: LG is the longest, as you can guess. Due to its slightly bigger screen. Otherwise, all the phones are a bit big to fit into your tight jeans pocket but that’s the trade off you must accept for a huge screen.
- Rear Cam & Front Cam: HTC is disappointing here. I mean I could not believe my eyes when I saw this and though its must be 14 MP and not 4 MP. But a fact as it is, compared to 13 MP cams of its competitors, HTC One comes with a very poor 4 MP cam. Even iPhone manages to have a 8 MP cam. Going through the detailed cam specifications made me feel, probably Sony Xperia Z is your choice if you care too much about the photos.Front cams are as good as they get and I dont think anyone can differentiate much there.
- Battery: LG giving you more here. Make no mistake, these phones eat a lot of power and the bigger the better is the correct concept for battery here. Compared to mid 2000 batteries of its competitors, LG is giving 20% more with a 3140 mAh battery. Iphone carrying a disappointing 1440 mAh, which isn’t even half of what others are giving.
- Operating System: All are coming with Android Jelly Bean so scores are tied here and it is easy to guess that all these phones are upgradable to later versions. As we cant compare Apples with Oranges so no comparison with iPhone here which comes with the latest iOS 6 and can be upgraded to iOS 6.1 as it comes.
Framkly, all these devices are good enough to be a perfect choice for your next ultimate smartphone. Furthermore, we didn’t compare the prices as all of these phones are coming under different deals and also carrying different price tags in differnet countries. Which one do you think is the best? Or, did we miss your favourite choice? Do let us know in the comments.